Thursday, January 28, 2010

Tigger & Carrousel, circa 1976

Here are a couple of undated photos - I am guessing that they are from about 1976 or '77. I mean, just look at the bell bottoms on that lady! She is all about the bicentennial, don't you think. When you are standing next to a bright orange Tigger, you need to make a fashion statement if you don't want to be overwhelmed by his glory. Her friend's pink pants and flowered top look subdued by comparison.


I'm always happy to see a photo of King Arthur's Carrousel from the days when the horses were a variety of colors, and not just white. Guess I'm in the minority! Wouldn't you like to choose a black horse, or even a red one?

7 comments:

Chiana_Chat said...

Tigger glory! It's all too much. But that's what Tigger is all about.

Aaaand are they any less happy because their horses aren't all white? Not even a hapillimeter. Look at those smiles. I agree with the lady I like the caramel meself.

TokyoMagic! said...

The Pirates of the Caribbean LP is on display in that window of the Wonderland Music shop!

Connie Moreno said...

None of my friends remembered the horses being any color other than white - they all thought I was nuts because I insisted that I always went for the black horses. Thank you for proving me right!

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Man that first photo is a trip indeed! But I'm guessing its more around 1970-71; hair styles, clothes the background people are wearing and OK, the Wonderland Music Shop was closed by 1973 :-)

Katella Gate said...

Well, what ever year, those ladies in the first pic look perfect.

Nancy said...

oh so pretty. love those fashions and the smile are priceless! that is just how Disneyland makes me feel :)

StoryBookLand said...

The little boy in the suspenders... Is it just me... or... is that Pinocchio after he became a real boy?!