Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Monorail and Rocket in Black and White

Many of the best movies (ever!) are black and white, and that goes for photos too.

This is presumably one of the photos from one of the "Fun Foto" scenes in Tomorrowland. I've never seen this one before, but it's great! This happy couple is enjoying their trip on the futuristic Monorail (with the woman wearing her souvenir hat).


From September 1955, this is not a souvenir photo, but a lovely portrait of the Moonliner as taken by a guest. The perforated ends make me think of Polaroid photos, but I don't think that it is a Polaroid.

7 comments:

Nancy said...

oh wow, these are very cool...

i think B&W lends a great visual quality to photos (and movies), and i find myself guessing what colors the subject might be. perhaps it was monorail blue in the souvenier snapshot

in my mom's only photo album (she was not hooked like i am!) there are some photos with the scalloped edge like our Moonliner here. if she was still here i could ask her what camera they had since i cant remember. im sure someone will know, tho! :D

CoxPilot said...

Those perforated pics came from a small format film #127 used in the old Kodak Brownie. There were lots of models, but here is the one I had (my first camera).

http://www.brownie-camera.com/3.shtml

PTA Transit Authority said...

These are just GREAT!

Matterhorn1959 said...

Fantastic Fun Foto- One I have not seen before.

Katella Gate said...

I love the funny perspective of the monorail riders. That is my new favorite "face in the hole" picture.

Anonymous said...

Would not have been dated if it were a Polaroid. That was done during processing.

Todd Franklin said...

Now that is a fun photo!