Thursday, February 19, 2009

Tomorrowland, July 1959

This first photo was taken by a person with the amazing ability to walk on water. As you can clearly see, he (or she) was standing right in the middle of the Sub Lagoon! If the camera had panned down you would have seen a pair of sneakers and turquoise water. There is no other rational explanation, no there isn't, uh-uh!! Probably caused quite a ruckus with security I would imagine. I wish I could walk on water. And shoot laser beams from my eyes. And fly.


There was a time when a photo like this would have really made me sit up and take notice. "Whoa! Rocket to the Moon, bitchin'! Flight Circle and Astro Jets too, totally rad!!". But these days I am jaded and lack what you hu-mans call emotions. I think that there is something wrong with my positronic subroutines!

4 comments:

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

This are super! Is something wrong with your "emotion chip" again? I'll contact Dr. Noonien Soong, I think he practices in NYC!

Nancy said...

another busy day in the Land of Tomorrow...a bit overcast, but ill take it!! :)

walterworld said...

Jaded indeed...I too remember the day when seeing a shot like this would have made me take notice.

Now, it ammounts to just one more of your always terrific posts!

Thanks for continuing to do your duty, even when your emotion chip is overloading your positronic-neuro-circuits (or some such).

Anonymous said...

Neato! Plus how about those pink dresses and such in the bottom pic, walking by under a Rocket to the Moon. Just love the time and place. :)