Sunday, February 24, 2008

Matterhorn and More, July 1961

I would like to climb the Matterhorn someday... the Disneyland version that is. Imagine the view from the peak! The next Disney suite should be at the top of the concrete mountain. In this photo we can see two intrepid climbers descending, they are lucky to be alive. There were three of them on the way up, but they had to eat the other guy during a freak snow storm. It's tragic, but the will to survive is something to be admired. Watch out - - those survivors now have a preference for human flesh!


This photo is a favorite in spite of its blurriness... the sight of the family of ducks (complete with fluffy ducklings) relaxing on the backs of the crocodiles is a wonderful one. Just keep on laughing while those crocs are munching on you, why dontcha!


When they're walking on the ground, a group of Dumbii are known as a herd. When they fly, they are a flock! A flock that you don't want to be under for any reason.

4 comments:

Matterhorn1959 said...

Nice view of the Matterhorn. From what I have read, the mountain is not that hard to climb and it is completely bolted. I thought there was a contest or an E-Bay thing years ago letting someone purchase the experience to climb the mountain.

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

I'd climb it as long as I didn't look down! Neat and Fun post Major, thanks!

FoxxFur said...

So how did this photographer get such a high view of the Jungle Cruise crocs? I didn't think the observation tower in the original queue was in existence in this era!

Major Pepperidge said...

FoxxFur, I had the same question, but forgot to ask it in my post! The vantage point of the photographer is definitely higher than usual. Wish I knew the answer!