Friday, December 14, 2007

Tomorrowland 1958

Here's a beautiful picture of the entrance to the classic Tomorrowland of 1958! Wowee kazowee. I don't know about you, but that's a place I would want to check out. This image resembles some of the postcards from the same time, which makes it officially "POSTCARD WORTHY" (as certified by the International Board of Postcard Studies, or IBOPS).


Be sure to get a nice ice cream sandwich from the vendor, and then thoughtfully consider the displays of fabulous posters and perhaps plan what you want to be sure to do next. It would be mighty difficult to not walk directly towards that magnificent rocket gleaming white against that cyan blue sky. But that clock is pretty interesting, let's figure out how it works. To our left, Circarama. To our right, the Hall of Chemistry. And I hear that there are little cars you can drive, which sounds like fun. Let's do that first, and we'll work our way back out towards the hub!

7 comments:

The Viewliner Limited said...

The anticipation of seeing what's inside this land is truly "Wowee Kazowee". This is an award winning picture.

jedblau said...

Love seeing that Rocket poster in context!

Unknown said...

There is so much going on in that photo. So much kinetic energy that it is enticing!

Ever wonder if Walt is hanging around in the background somewhere?

Major Pepperidge said...

I would love to have a photo with Walt quietly observing (in a beat-up hat) from a quiet spot! But that is too much to hope for I guess. Daveland has a couple of pretty incredible pictures of Walt at the park...

And Jed, whenever I see a Rocket poster I think of the one you have....and wish it was mine! ;-)

jedblau said...

I look at it every day. I'll snap a photo and put it on the blog at some point. Need to find a Flying Saucers, Tahitian Terrace and 3-stripe Frontierland. Then I'm done.

Anonymous said...

I never get tired of this view of early Tomorrowland. Classic.

Someone should do a book or web page on "Monsanto at Disneyland".

CoxPilot said...

They did:

http://spyhunter007.com/disneyland_monsanto_house.htm