Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Pack Mules, August 1970

I sure love Frontierland. I can close my eyes and imagine I'm there...there's the indian dancers over there, they've attracted quite a crowd. Look at the Mark Twain, sparkling white in the sun! And I can hear the distinctive crack! of the shooting gallery. But most of all, there's the smell of mule. No city folk can resist it! Let's go for a ride, I'm going to call my mule "Penelope".


Wow, what happened to clothing in the 1970's? I guess comfort won over style. Of course, these people did just return from a trip through Nature's Wonderland, and they are lucky to have survived. I guess that expecting them to look fresh as daisies is unrealistic. Meanwhile, you can see that the lanterns are lit, so even though it looks like broad daylight, night must have been approaching. Can you imagine seeing Nature's Wonderland at night? Sherman, set the wayback machine...

1 comment:

Matterhorn1959 said...

The bottom image it looks like the poor guy was lost in Nature's Wonderland and was found after several days of searching. He looks like he once had his shirt nicely tucked in, but not anymore.