Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Monorail and Mark Twain, July 1962

Here are two more slides from a batch that took some restoration before they were presentable. First up, we get a nice close look at the yellow Monorail. The pilot is waiting, presumably for the next load of passengers to board safely. Love that very cool Alweg logo! Check out Matterhorn1959's blog, Stuff From the Park for more chocolatey Monorail goodness this week.



From the "World of Tomorrow" to the wild frontier...here's an unusual angle taken from the bow of the Mark Twain. Folks are watching the Indian dancers on shore. I have a neat live recording of the Mark Twain from 1969 (I think), and love the fact that you can hear the Indian drums and chanting as the Twain passes by this very spot! As you can see, this slide was a mess, and I did bring the color back to something reasonable. I didn't have time to spend forever painting and cloning in Photoshop...so the slide is what it is!

7 comments:

Hannibal8 said...

Great picture Major. All I can say when I see that yellow monorail is "I want one in my back yard." Even if it doesn't fit. It oozes with design cool.

Daveland said...

Fantastic Monorail shot, Major - love the cool uniform, too!

Merlinsguy said...

An interesting side note: Dick Cook, the current head of Disney, used to drive the Monorail.

Matterhorn1959 said...

Great close up of the monorail. I love the yellow color, and such nice sleek design.

DisneyDutchman said...

Awsome!! There's nothing left to say!!!DD

Chris Merritt said...

Amazing Alweg logo!

MIKE COZART said...

that is an awesome view!